Our interview this week is with coach Matt Bottrill. As you'll hear in the interview, Matt is the cycling coach for professional triathletes Timo Bracht, Lucy Charles, Rachel Joyce and Tim Don. Matt frequented the podium at the national time trial in the UK and his success led to professional triathletes reaching out to him for coaching advice. His specialty is aerodynamics and he's going to share his thoughts with our crew.
Thanks to last week's guests, coach Billy Edwards of the USA Naval Academy triathlon team. We talking about USAT Collegiate Nationals and about the Navy team win, about the vibe of the race and how they score teams at this event
Our guest lives in Whitwick England, was all over the British Nation Time Trial Championship podium from years 2004-2013. If you check the results page you'll see him right in the mix with Chris Froome and Bradley Wiggins. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Time_Trial_Championships
Matt is owner of Matt Bottrill Coaching and has a staff of coaches. As mentioned in the intro, he has or is coaching some of the most prominent pro triathletes including Timo Bracht, Lucy Charles, Rachel Joyce and Tim Don.
- Kona update from Khem
- Michael Horvath interview
- The final week of Karen Hornbostel Memorial TT
- Sansego Clinic in Boulder June 15-17
- 3 x 70.3 champion Matt Smith
- Craig Alexander
- Metabolic testing, the sequel
- Dr. Bob Seebohar on a new metabolic test. We'll talk about that next week
- Yokohama coverage and pro interviews
- Roger raced at Yokohama on May 12th
- Got some good pictures of Mario Mola of Spain (male pro winner)
- Flora Duffy of Bermuda (female pro winner)
- Kevin McDowell of USA
- Pics and interviews with Mami Tani of Japan (winner of the para triathlon competition)
- Pics and interviews with Non Stanford of GB (female pro 3rd) and Ashley Gentle of Australia (4th place)
Upcoming MHE Interviews
- Dr. Bob Seebohar to give us a refresher on metabolic efficiency.
- Dina Griffin "The Nutrition Mechanic" Clients include ultra runners, triathletes, marathoners, adventure racers, and cyclists.
- Andrew Talansky on Oceanside and St George 70.3
303 Endurance Network
Our show is also supported by 303 Endurance Network, which includes 303Triathlon and 303 Cycling, which covers the endurance culture, news and events on triathlon and cycling. Be sure to subscribe to the 303Radio podcast for great interviews.
- If you are racing or spectating IM Boulder, be sure to check out the interview on 303 Radio with Tim Brosious, Race Directory of IM Boulder.
- Plus, we have an interview with Kyle Coon. Blindness caused by cancer at age 5, Kyle says that his blindness gave him vision and opened up a world of possibilities that otherwise might have passed him by
- STRAVA CEO Michael Horvath sat down with Bill and I this week and talks about the genesis of the idea for STRAVA, how the company has matured, stuck to its vision and more.
Please support our affiliate brands that support the show and help you get faster!
- The Halo Sport from Halo Neuroscience will help you learn the technique and form to get faster. 20 minutes of neural priming with the Halo Headset gives you an hour of neural plasticity to work and lock in the muscle movement that leads to strength, power and endurance. Use code MHE150 to save $150.
- Total Immersion -Use code MHETI10 to get 10% off items in your cart
- Rudy Project has the helmets, glasses and gear to help you ride safe and look great. Use code MHE30 to get 30% off your full price items.
- TrainingPeaks Premium is the full featured version of the app. Unlock the full featured app for 30 days using the code MHE30
- All of these discounts can be found at milehighendurance on the Sponsors page.
If you are enjoying the show, please let us know by going on iTunes or your podcast player and giving us a review. Be sure you are subscribed in iTunes so you get the show automatically downloaded on Saturday evening and recommend Mile High Endurance to a friend.
Thanks again for listening to MHE. Train well this week. Stay tuned, stay informed, and enjoy the endurance journey!