Aloha from the big Island of Hawaii. We are glad you are joining us for our Kona Special episode and another week of the endurance. We have selected two of the many interviews we've done this week. We have heart of triathlon, Bob Babbitt to talk to us about the legends and history of the race. We also have the voice of Ironman, Mike Reilly to talk about his perspective as announcer and the professional field.
Welcome to Episode #95 of the Mile High Endurance podcast. Mile High Endurance is your weekly connection to coaches, experts and pro athletes to help you reach your endurance and triathlon goals. We're your hosts Rich Soares, Khem Suthiwan and Bill Plock. We are also joined by Mike Ricci, owner and head coach of D3 Multisport. Mike is a Level 3 USAT coach and is staying with us at the White Sands Resort in Kailua Kona.
A special thanks to Poncho Man for his amazing ukulele talent and contribution of the intro music. He is makes magic!
Our pre interview discussion is brought to you by 303 Triathlon and 303 Cycling are your resource for news and information on triathlon and cycling in Colorado. 303Radio is your news podcast and we are covering the news on Kona all next week. Be sure to go to 303Triathlon and check out all the coverage of Kona.
et's talk briefly about upcoming interviews.
- Kona - select 303 interviews
- On this note, make sure you are subscribed to the MHE endurance podcast. Go to iTunes or Google Play, depending on your device, search for Mile High Endurance and click subscribe
- We will be publishing lots of interview and coverage of Kona on 303Radio - be sure to subscribe there too. The 303Radio coverage will focus on Colorado stories. There will be interviews that we'll share on MHE, particularly those that have more of an educational bent.
- Vito La Bella on ultra running
- Don Reichelt (Spartathlon Ultra)
- Ultra runners Bryan Williams and Vito Bella
- Kane Russell of Halo Neuroscience - Bill and I doing that interview and wearing our Halos in Kona
- Ken Axford on bike handling skills
- Billy the Kid Edwards
Please support the brands that support the show and our listeners.
- BioTropicLabs.com - BioTropicLabs develops sports supplements to give you the ultimate edge in training for sports performance success. Engineered by leading world-class athletes and trainers with well-researched best of breed products. I've started taking the AFA formulation which was developed to oxygenate muscles, boost power, increase muscle growth, heighten alertness. It's great for those high intensity sessions and I've felt pretty good the last few workouts I've been using it. Check our more at biotropiclabs.com or go to the MHE Sponsors page. Either way, use the code "MILEHIGH20" to get 20% off your order.
- Total Immersion -Use code MHETI10 to get 10% off items in your cart
- Effortless endurance for 49.99
- Freestyle mastery for 59.99.
- Get excellently design helmets, glasses and gear from Rudy Project and use code MHE30 to get 30% off your full price items.
- Check out Halo Sport from Halo Neuroscience. 20 minutes of neural priming with the Halo Headset gives you an hour of neural plasticity to work and lock in the muscle movement that leads to strength, power and endurance. Use code MHE150 to save $150.
- Give TrainingPeaks Premium account a try. Use MHE30
- All of these discounts can be found at milehighendurance on the Sponsors page.
If you are enjoying the show, please let us know by going on iTunes or your podcast player and giving us a review. We put a lot of time and energy into producing high quality interviews with the experts, coaches and pro athletes to help you grow in the sport. Pay that forward and recommend Mile High Endurance to a friend.
That's it for the show. Stay tuned, stay informed, and enjoy the endurance journey!
#IMKona #Ironman #BWBKona #MikeReilly #BobBabbitt #303Triatlon #PonchoMan