Choosing the right races is the first step in having a successful season. We explore that topic with multiple perspectives including a coach, a pro and several race directors and sport leaders.
Starting on April 1st, here are the guests you will hear from:
- Lance Panigutti, owner of Without Limits Productions and race director of popular races including triathlon, duathlons, short distance, long distance, Xterra and other cycling events
- Coach Khem Suthiwan - she is a local USAT level 1 coach who is on the coaching staff at Mile High Multisport. As you will hear, she not only is informative on how to choose races, but is also knowledgeable about fund raising
- Dave Christen, race director of Ironman Boulder talks about his personal races, Ironman race scene in general, and details about Ironman Boulder and the continued creative and effective things they are doing to engage the community and athletes.
- Mary Beth Ellis, last year's ITU Long Distance champ joins us to reflect a bit about 2015 and her race plans for 2016. To enjoy MB is to know her. She's just a real cool lady who continues to achieve at such a high level.
- Barry Siff, president of the board for USAT talks about his years as a race director of the Boulder Peak, his acheivements as a community leader in Colorado, and his role at USAT. Great information about the status and progression of the US Olympic Triathlon Team selection between now and the Rio games.
- Kassam Salim - joins us from Lifetime Fitness, which has owned the Boulder Peak Triathlon for it's second year now. We'll get an update from Saam (as he's called) on the race, the course. We also talk about his advice on race selection, from the perspective of someone who has directed a broad range of race distances and locations.
- Peggy Shockley - joins us from the Lake to Lake triathlon in Loveland, CO. She talks about the genesis of the race and how has developed into what it is today. Peggy reviews the race course and has tips on travel and a reminder about an upcoming price increase on May 1st.