Our interview this week is with Benji Marshall from Today's Plan. I was recently introduced to Today's Plan by coach Jim Vance. Today's Plan is a coaching and activity tracking and analysis platform. It has some standard features that you would expect from a coaching platform, but I was impressed with how they've solved for some needs of coaches and athletes and have taken some features to the next level in terms of functionality and efficiency.
Today's show is supported by Riplaces. Riplaces are the no tie laces with custom tension for the perfect fit. Pro triathlete proven and endorsed, the most durable elastic bungee lace system available and they come in the super cool MHE logo package for $19.98 https://www.riplaces.com/collections/mile-high-endurance.
Thanks to last week's guest, Matt Smith who shared swim coaching tips that we learned in the Sansego camp this past spring. We hope you picked up some new information that will help you with your swim stroke and form and ultimately lead to your next swim PR. If you missed it, go back and check out Episode #140.
- Additional information about Today's Plan not covered in the interview, including pricing and top 10 efficiency hacks.
- Top 10 Efficiency Hacks
- Grouping workouts by tag
- Automated Email Templates
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Dashboard Drill In/Out
- Data integrity rules and alerts
- Multi file and multi athlete comparison and analysis
- Built in communication tools - communicating with athletes (more than a comment on a file; email client; groups; subjective rating alerts)
- Workout progressive overloads - up to 6 versions of the workout progressing duration, intervals or intensities
- Variable target structured workouts
- Multi athlete prescription
- 70.3 World Championship
- Countdown to Kona and Kona Pro Start List (KPR)
Hope you enjoyed last week's video of the Colorado Classic segments from the 303 Project team car
Upcoming MHE Interviews:
- Jim Vance - will join us soon to take the discussion of Today's Plan to the practical application as a coach or athlete and talk in greater detail about how it can make you more effective and efficient as a coach
- Cliff Simms - co-founder of Retul and now working with Specialized. We're going to talk to him about the 3D Retul technology and where the product roadmap is heading and how it can help you.
- Coach Matt Fitzgerald - author of The Endurance Diet, 80/20 Running and now 80/20 Triathlon with David Warden
Our show is also supported by 303 Endurance Network, which includes 303Triathlon and 303 Cycling, which covers the endurance culture, news and events on triathlon and cycling. Be sure to subscribe to the 303Radio podcast for great interviews.
Don't miss the recently published interview on 303Radio
- Lance Panigutti on the Without Limits Cyclocross Series
- Beth James to talk about Team Liza and Ironman Wisconsin
- Lance Panigutti on Without Limits remaining 2018 triathlons - Harvest Moon and Oktoberfest. Note that Oktoberfest is sold out except for the Collegiate slots.
We are lining up more interviews all the time, including Nicholas Graeef and Tommy Danielson
Please support our affiliate brands that support the show and help you get faster!
- Riplaces are the no tie laces with custom tension for the perfect fit. Pro triathlete proven and endorsed, most durable elastic bungee lace system available and they come in the super cool MHE logo package for $19.98 https://www.riplaces.com/collections/mile-high-endurance
- iKOR is a clean, natural source of recovery enhancing CBD that protects your body from the stresses of training, improves recovery from intense efforts and helps you maintain a positive mental state. The most bio-available CBD product on the market, iKOR is a highly protective anti-oxidant, an effective anti-inflammatory and a powerful mood booster. WADA and USADA legal. Used by world class professional athletes. Save 20% of the regular price of $69.99 by using the code "endurance" at checkout, and your post discount price will be $56. https://www.ikorlabs.com/endurance.
- Listener feedback from Mom and co-worker
- The Halo Sport from Halo Neuroscience will help you learn the technique and form to get faster. 20 minutes of neural priming with the Halo Headset gives you an hour of neural plasticity to work and lock in the muscle movement that leads to strength, power and endurance. Use code MHE150 to save $150.
- Rudy Project has the helmets, glasses and gear to help you ride safe and look great. Use code MHE30 to get 30% off your full price items. Do you know who else wears a Rudy helmet like mine?
- TrainingPeaks Premium is the full featured version of the app. Unlock the full featured app for 30 days using the code MHE30
- All of these discounts can be found at milehighendurance on the Discounts page.
Be sure to follow us on social media to get the show announcement each weekend, plus additional links to show content. We forward information related to our guests and provide teasers for upcoming interviews. We are posting regular videos to the YouTube. Be sure to subscribe to the channel.
- Facebook @milehighendurance
- Twitter @milehighpodcast
- Instagram @tripodcasterrich
- YouTube Channel @Mile High Endurance
We hope you enjoyed today's show. Please rate us on iTunes or your podcast player. Be sure you are subscribed in iTunes so you get the show automatically downloaded on Saturday evening and recommend Mile High Endurance to a friend.
Stay tuned, train informed, and enjoy the endurance journey!