Listen up mountain bikers! Our interview this week is with the professional mountain biker, Ryan Petry. Ryan recently placed a close second at Haute Route Rockies and is racing next weekend at the Leadville 100 MTB race.
Thanks to last week's guest, Mark Fleming of iKOR Labs who helped us sort through all of the information about hemp extract, CBD and the benefits that endurance athletes are experiencing. This turned out to be a pretty engaging topic and prompted a couple of good posts, which we'll read out here in a bit.
Ryan Petry as you will hear is an axe on the MTB. In 2016, he finished 7th overall at the Leadville 100 MTB with a time of 06:48:54. We are going to talk about his Haute Route Rockies result and much more. Let's get into the interview.
- Ryan Petry, Haute Route and Leadville 100 MTB
- Khem's Donkey DNF and Ranger
- CBD Discussion
- Barry Siff - Been using iKOR for about four months now and getting incredible results. CBD (a hemp extract) is not banned by WADA or USADA, and reduces inflammation (noticeably!), thus helping recovery, plus other benefits. Excellent listen here with the Founder, Mark Fleming. Thanks Rich ... and, congrats on the metabolic results with Bob Seebohar!
- Mitchell Kusick - Thank you for conducting such an informative interview elucidating the benefits (and legality) of CBD in endurance sports! This was one of my favorite episodes as of late as I feel that there are a lot of people interested in this topic... That being said, given that there is a dearth of in-vivo studies supporting the strong anecdotal evidence, would you allow your daughter, as a younger athlete (like myself), to take CBD oil daily as an ergogenic aid?
- 303 Updates from Bill
- IM Boulder 70.3 Coverage
- Don Reichelt and Badwater 135 3rd place.
- Andrew Talansky and IM Whistler result - fastest bike split, 7th overall
- Matt Smith on swim workouts designed for specific training goals, swim form, common issues, etc.
- Cliff Simms - co-founder of Retul and now working with Specialized. We're going to talk to him about the 3D Retul technology and where the product roadmap is heading and how it can help you.
Our show is also supported by 303 Endurance Network, which includes 303Triathlon and 303 Cycling, which covers the endurance culture, news and events on triathlon and cycling. Be sure to subscribe to the 303Radio podcast for great interviews.
Please support our affiliate brands that support the show and help you get faster!
- Riplaces are the no tie laces with custom tension for the perfect fit. Pro triathlete proven and endorsed, most durable elastic bungee lace system available and they come in the super cool MHE logo package for $19.98 https://www.riplaces.com/collections/mile-high-endurance
- iKOR is a clean, natural source of recovery enhancing CBD that protects your body from the stresses of training, improves recovery from intense efforts and helps you maintain a positive mental state. The most bio-available CBD product on the market, iKOR is a highly protective anti-oxidant, an effective anti-inflammatory and a powerful mood booster. WADA and USADA legal. Used by world class professional athletes. Save 20% of the regular price of $69.99 by using the code "endurance" at checkout, and your post discount price will be $56. https://www.ikorlabs.com/endurance.
- The Halo Sport from Halo Neuroscience will help you learn the technique and form to get faster. 20 minutes of neural priming with the Halo Headset gives you an hour of neural plasticity to work and lock in the muscle movement that leads to strength, power and endurance. Use code MHE150 to save $150.
- Rudy Project has the helmets, glasses and gear to help you ride safe and look great. Use code MHE30 to get 30% off your full price items. Do you know who else wears a Rudy helmet like mine?
- TrainingPeaks Premium is the full featured version of the app. Unlock the full featured app for 30 days using the code MHE30
- All of these discounts can be found at milehighendurance on the Discounts page.
If you are not following us on social media, you should. Why? You get the show announcement each weekend, plus additional links to show content. We forward information related to our guests and provide teasers for upcoming interviews. In the case of YouTube, there are videos that we share that help illustrate things like Crowie's core strength training. There is also an occasional live event and there will be more content coming.
- Facebook @milehighendurance
- Twitter @milehighpodcast
- Instagram @tripodcasterrich
- YouTube Channel @Mile High Endurance
We hope you enjoyed today's show. Please rate us on iTunes or your podcast player. Be sure you are subscribed in iTunes so you get the show automatically downloaded on Saturday evening and recommend Mile High Endurance to a friend.
Stay tuned, train informed, and enjoy the endurance journey!