Our guest interview is Mike Dion, Film Maker of ultra-bike races told through movies like Ride the Divide, Reveal the Path, and Inspired to Ride.
Welcome to Episode #63 of the Mile High Endurance podcast. Mile High Endurance is your weekly connection to coaches, experts and pro athletes to help you reach your endurance and triathlon goals. We're your hosts Rich Soares and Khem Suthiwan and we're excited to have you join us this week.
Neuro Halo Sport experience and strength testing preparation
- I admit that in the past few years I've becoming increasingly complacent about strength training.
- In the past month, I've I have been giving strength training a priority in my training and have maintained the following schedule more or less
- Ready to start testing physically, but don't have the right support structure yet. Amy Boone Thompson from Wellbridge send me a contact at Anschutz yesterday.
- Sill using the Halo 2-3 times per week and it's now an easy part of my routine.
- Describe how it works.
- Learn more about the Halo Neuro Sport deal on the MHE Discounts page. Save $150 on Halo Sport.
- One Year Anniversary Episode is coming up next week and there's a special guest that I have not yet announced. Stick around to the wrap up for more on next week's interview.
- We'll have some funny stories for you next week and have some laughs
- Thanks again to Terry Laughlin from Total Immersion Swimming for joining us last week and talking about how to get the best endurance adaptation return on your time investment in swimming If you enjoyed the interview with Terry, please visit www.totalimmersion.net and sign up for the TI newsletter. If you have not yet checked out the Effortless Endurance ($49.95) and Freestyle Master Courses ($59.95), you should check them out. In each you get a Image Guide, Workbook and Library of Videos that breakdown the stroke process into small components and provides instruction, focuses and drills to dial in the proper form. Don't forget to use code MHETI10 to get 10% off.
Alright, let's get into today's interview. It was a couple of weeks ago after our interview with Brian Burk when we talked about the power of inspiration. Brian, as you know, is author or "Running to Leadville" and his story of the dream participating in the Leadville 100 Trail Run and the epic ultra-marathons along the way. Brian's writing is inspiring and we got on the conversation of other sources of inspiration for ultra-endurance events.
Khem brought up the idea to get Mike Dion on the show. Khem, do you want to give a little background before we introduce our guest? Khem intro/background on Mike.
- After watching this movie, I'm trying to decide if I'm more motivated to do my bucket list BC to Baja or not.
- It's good to see what can go wrong and would do exactly what Mike said was "we pack our fears" on events like this.
- Like the idea of doing a mini version. I'd be willing to do a 2-3 day thing. Maybe with a couple of friends.
Let us know you like the content by following the Podcast on Facebook at MileHighEndurance and Twitter at @milehighpodcast. By following you will get the announcement of each episode on Sunday mornings. Be sure to like the posts and let your friends know. You can subscribe and get the downloads automatically on iTunes and Google play. Easy to find.
Check out the Mile High Endurance website and milehighendurance.com for more on upcoming interviews, past interviews, resources, blog, about the show, and discounts.
Let's talk briefly about upcoming interviews.
- Dirk Friel will be joining us to talk about the Audi Power of Four Ski Mountaineering race that he competed in last weekend - this is going to be the Anniversary episode
- Speaking of the anniversary show, many of you know that Coach David Warden was one of my inspirations to start the MHE podcast. He used to host the Tri Talk podcast and is also known for coaching James Lawrence (aka Iron Cowboy) in his quest to do 50 ironman distances in 50 States in 50 Days. I've invited David to join us to talk about a couple of topics. I'm going to turn the interviewer's role over to David and he's going to interview me about the first year of the show.
- Coach Will Murray of D3 Multisport to talk to us about how to get the most out of your workout
- Simone Cordery-Cotter of Rudy Project is going to talk to us about how to equip yourself with equipment that has the latest safety engineering and designs
- Scott Thigpen - author of the book "Trail Magic" which is about his experience with the Ride the Divide
- Phil Whitehead - Lakesman Triathlon and Alan Couzens
Thanks for again for joining us this week. If this was your first time listening, we hope you enjoyed and will join us next week. Don't forget to join us next week for the Super Anniversary Special and our two awesome guests!
Have a great week everybody! Stay tuned, stay informed, and enjoy the endurance journey!